About Carolina Mountain Lakes
- Walhalla – great schools, walking town, old German descendants town, built in the 1870s. The town was designed by Mr. Wagner. Side streets do not match up with Main Streets as they did not know about hills and mountains when they drew the design.
- Tamassee – Fiddlers’ cove lake, Cherokee Lake, Cheohee Lake, Mountain Springs Lake- Close to Lake Keowee public landings.
- Mountain Rest – Mountain Rest Lake, Chattooga Lake, Lake Becky, Oconee State Park and inside the Sumter National Forest
- Long Creek – Home to the Wild and Scenic Chattooga River( think whitewater rafting), Sumter National Forest, Hiking Trails and Waterfalls
- West Union – Between Walhalla and Seneca, Walhalla School District, Near Lake Keowee.
- Hartwell – fronts on 7 counties–Oconee, Anderson in SC== Hartwell State Park at Fair Play, SC
- Keowee – between Pickens and Oconee Counties, Access by Highway 123, Highway 188 and scenic foothills driven Highway 11–High Falls and South Cove County Parks
- Jocassee – The Tahoe of the East, Devils Fork State Park, Emerald Green water, surrounded by mountains
- Jocassee & Hartwell are hydro lakes, Lake Keowee is the cooling lake for the nuclear station
We have 80 waterfalls in Oconee County, 60 are on public land. 1500 miles of hiking trails, 300 sunny days per year and just over 125 inches of rainfall per year.
Gwen Fowler has been selling Carolina Mountain Lakes since 1987 and has lived here her entire life. She has the experience and knowledge to guide you through the area and to match you with your dream property. If you are ready to take the step to make your dream a reality.
You may find us at:
317 South Highway 11
West Union SC 29696